The Centovalli and the Valle Vigezzo are a natual and cultural paradise unique of their kind. Anyone looking for unspoiled nature, typical villages and good food will not be disappointed.Choose among a walk in the high mountains, a visit to a typical village or lunch with locally produced specialities.
For trips on the footpaths of the region, you need equipment suitable for the mountains and remember always to take the utmost care and respect any specific signs.
Main square and the old town: the Church of S Antonio (1668 - 74), the Church of San Francesco (1538), the New Church (1630)
The Sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso (1487)
The Visconti Castle (XIV Century) is the home of a permanent exhibition of a rich collection of Roman glass found in the area.
Market: Thursday (antiques, food)
The Maggia river winds around a rocky gorge, smoothing and transforming the rocks into amazing shapes.
The path of ancient grottoes: about forty buildings which were once used to store crops.
Ruins of the Castelliere (pre-historic dwellings), an hours' walk above the village.
Oratorio Madonna delle Scalate, known as the Oratorio Sant'Anna, 45 minutes' walk from the main road.
Rock climbing area.
The parish church of San Fedele (1213), with frescoes from 1400, the work of Antonio da Tradate.
Theatre Dimitri and museum of comedy, open on theatre performance days and on request for groups. (Tel 091 796 25 44 / 091 796 15 44)
Church of San Michele (end of XVI century and restored in the XVII century).
Ancient wine press from 1600 (ask for the key at the town hall).
Romanesque bridge at Cratolo, at the start of the Valle Onsernone.
The church of San Gottardo (1722 - 1738); oratorio from 1474).
The bell tower (1775); 166 steps to climb up the tallest bell tower in Ticino, at 65 m.
Regional museum of Centovalli and Pedemonte (Tel 091 796 25 77).
Outdoor Centre: Bungy Jumping; Canoing, Climbing, Team building.
Starting point for the Intragna-Pila-Costa cable car.
Romanesque bridge (1500), 800 m from the village.
Starting point for the cable car Verdasio-Rasa.
Starting point for the cable car Monte Comino.
Centre and patrician houses.
The church of S. Anna (1747 - 1753).
Rasa is accessible only on foot or by cable car (no cars!).
The dam and the artificial lake.
The church of San Michele, containing frescoes, masterpieces of the Lombardian painter Antonio da Tradate, from the end of the XV century.
"Via 2000", an artistic route that winds along a track from the artificial lake to the village.
Mulino Fenacci, situated under the village: the only mill in the area to preserve the internal milling mechanism in wood.
The parish church (1537) of Santa Assunta.
The Market Road.
Place of pilgrimage.
The Sanctuary of Madonna del Sangue.
Market: Saturday (08.00 - 12.00).
S. MARIA MAGGIORE
The pine forest, along the Golf green.
The sweeps museum.
School of arts Rossetti Valentini.
The House of Perfume.
Praudina Adventure Park.
Market: Monday (08.00 - 12.00).
The market square.
Sacro Monte Calvario (UNESCO).
Market: Saturday (08.00 - 12.00)